I have held onto this blog for quite some time now, not willing to let it go, hoping that one day I would get back at it. After an epic 'break' it's hard to know what to write about. I have gone over so many different ideas... perhaps I could write about the many things that kept me from blogging?? Maybe I should start with a giant photo mosaic that captures our life over the last two years in photos?? How about something incredibly inspiring... like a magnificent project or life changing revelation??
Instead I have decided to simply talk about now. Right now.
It's just time to start, so here we go...
Now, right now...
- I am forty (yes - gasp!), Paul is forty-one and the twins are 9 (another gasp!)
- I am looking forward to spring - things budding and blooming, warmer weather and outdoor fun
- I am in the midst of bringing order to our home - cleaning, sorting, purging. Looking to simplify
- We are nursing our beautiful, 11 year old Shepherd, Asha back to health after knee surgery
- little mr w. is enjoying playing on his first, travel, basketball team
- little miss h. is loving hip-hop dance classes
- Paul is busy with work - lots of work from home to get marking and reports done
- we are about to purchase a new furnace - we have been managing to heat the house with our gas fireplace for the past week and a half (not a big fan of being cold - thankful the outside temps have been kind to us)
- I am hoping to get back into my studio to document our lives in photos and words
- The interior designer in me is anxious to splash some fun (and function!) around our house - looking to paint some cool found pieces and incorporate them into our home
- I am mainly eating a gluten-free, dairy-free diet after an alarming bout of something arthritis-inducing that I experienced back in August. Still having lots of joint issues but I'm making good progress
- I am interested in getting back into yoga and putting more emphasis on honouring my body with movement and nutrition
- I see baking, cooking and meal planning in my future - want to put more care and attention into what we fuel ourselves with
- I am excited to learn more about photography and make the most of my new camera
- I am so thankful for my family and friends - and realizing that giving love and attention 'now' is the very best thing you can do with your time
So there you have it - that's our life right now.
hugs and love to all.